Get Savvi About Home Security
Your Quick Guide to Home Security with Savvi
Every Savvi customer receives a complimentary smart home security kit along with their policy. And while you get one of the most comprehensive security systems available ever, who wants to have a loss in the first place? (Hint: neither of us!)
Here at Savvi, our #1 priority is to help you stay safe and prevent bad things from happening. And by keeping you safer out there, we can save you even more money on your insurance. Here's just a few of the ways that we help keep your home and your loved ones as safe as possible.
Security systems deter burglars from targeting your home
An alarm system is a real deterrent for burglars. Alarm.org found 90% of convicted burglars said they would avoid homes with alarm systems, and homes that have a security system are 300% less likely to be burglarized.
A home security system also provides peace of mind by letting you:
● Monitor your home remotely and relax while you're away.
● Protect your home while you're at work, considering that most home robberies occur between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
● Secure less frequently-visited entry points, like a basement window or the garage door.
Despite the obvious benefits of having a home security system, 83% of U.S. households still do not have one. If you’re a Savvi Insurance customer, you’re already part of the 17% of households that are protected. Smart move!
Enjoy professional monitoring with Savvi
Our professional security monitoring specialists guard your home every second of the day, providing you with a blanket of continuous protection, security and rapid response by police and fire departments in the event of an alarm. We’ll even send alerts right to your phone to make sure everything is OK.
Savvi Smart Kit’s Security Features
Each Savvi Insurance policy comes with the following burglary and theft security devices:
● Full HD 1080p resolution security camera with built-in motion sensor and Infrared LED for day and night vision modes.
● Motion sensors that send alerts through the Savvi app right on your smartphone.
● Door and window sensors with easy installation on doors, windows, safes, and cabinets.
● A key fob to arm and disarm your system with a click of a button.
● The Savvi hub which connects all your sensors in your home and sends real-time alerts to your phone and our professional monitoring center. And with an 85db siren, you're sure to send the bad guys running!
(Note: We also include water leak sensors and smoke detectors as part of our 10 piece kit)
These features help you in a variety of ways. Our Geofencing feature detects if you’re home or away and sets the system for you. You can also check-in on your home through the HD camera and two-way talk feature. The smart automation feature alerts you to temperature and other condition changes in your home.
Plus, there’s no expensive up-front hardware costs, and our 24/7 professional security monitoring costs only 50 cents a day and helps you to save up to 25% on your insurance.
Learn more about the Savvi Smart Home Kit, and learn more tips for securing your home below!
Trust thy neighbor
Ask your neighbor to keep an eye on your home and collect newspapers and any flyers by your door. This is important as burglars sometimes mark homes by placing a flyer in the mailbox or your screen door handle. If they see the flyer hasn't been moved, potential burglars know you're not home.
Remove any spare keys
You don't still keep a spare key under the flowerpot, do you? How about a rock? Or even the mat? All the usual places people keep keys, a burglar knows where to search.
Instead, keep your friends close and your key at that trusted neighbor's house. Or better yet, install a smart lock with a keypad, so you don't even need the key anymore.
Use your delivery options
Prevent package theft by utilizing the options your delivery service provides. Simply log in to the service's website, search by tracking numbers, and click delivery options. You can usually ask the delivery drivers to drop the packages at an unusual locale, like a side door or back porch, or even have your packages delivered on the day of your choosing.
Quick home security tips
Try these simple tips to keep your home safe from burglars.
● Even if you're stepping out for a few minutes after dusk, keep your porch light and TV on.
● Anytime you leave your home, lock your doors and windows.
● Don't run lights or cords through open windows or doors since leaving these open, even a crack, can give burglars an entrance.
● Break down boxes for recycling rather than putting the boxes for expensive items on the street.
● Don't answer the door for someone you don't know. Opening your door allows people to look inside your home and see the lay of the land. Instead, rely upon contactless delivery and only open your door to people you know.
● Trim your trees and shrubs near your home, so no one can hide behind them.
● Skip the "obligatory" vacation social media post. Posting while away from home can show you're not home, and posting gifts or presents can show potential thieves what they can steal.
Upload and update your home inventory
Unfortunately, things happen, and burglaries occur often. According to the FBI, a burglary happens every 25.7 seconds, and the average dollar loss per burglary offense was $2,416, with an overall property loss of $3.4 billion.
Make sure you have your home inventory ready – with a digital copy uploaded to the vipHomeLink home management app – so in the event of a break-in, you have all of your stolen items' details. You should also update your home inventory every time you buy an expensive item. Any big items, like TVs or computers, should have a picture and receipt in the inventory.
Give your Savvi agent a call
While theft is covered in homeowners insurance policies, some items, such as jewelry, may have limits. You'll definitely want to ask if you need additional coverage for any new items bought this year, just in case you need to file a claim later.
Savvi Insurance Group, Inc., based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is committed to helping families and individuals prevent losses, stay safe, and protect the people and things they love. We do that by providing our customers with our cutting-edge smart home security system along with a suite of services and benefits designed to proactively predict and prevent losses from happening in the first place.
We then back that up with comprehensive, modernized insurance protection and concierge-style claims handling, at prices that recognize and reward the benefits of a smarter, better protected home.
Originally published on vipHomeLink.com